Who we are
- AO Invest is an investment fund for start-ups run by a board of medical and business experts based in Switzerland, investing globally.
- AO Invest's sole investor is the AO Foundation, a surgeon-led, not-for-profit organization.
- The AO Foundation has a global network of more than 16,000 healthcare professionals and scientists in over 100 countries specialized in the treatment of trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
What we look for
- We invest in start-ups that advance patient care through disruptive medical innovation.
- We focus on start-ups developing medical products, solutions and services that will have a significant impact in the fields of orthopedic and trauma surgery.
- These innovations are aimed at trauma, spine, and craniomaxillofacial and neuro patients and surgeons at any, and all, stages of the surgery lifecycle.
What we offer
- AO Invest will support not only via financial investment but also with medical insights, business advice, and relationships.
- This is in addition to, the expertise, reach, and reputation of our unique global network of key opinion leaders, clinical research specialists and medical education experts.
- AO Invest adds value to the market potential of your innovative technologies and we are committed to providing strategic support throughout the investment lifecycle in order to drive global medical innovation.
- These innovative technologies may be in areas such as:
- haptic models
- 3D printing
- surgical methods
- clinical data management
- This is in no way an exhaustive list and all other medical innovation areas will be considered if they contribute to the advancement of patient care in the fields of trauma and orthopedic surgery.